For the current issue of the RSVP news letter please CLICK HERE
To learn of all the latest news regarding RSVP, why not use the form below and request a regular News Letter ?
- 05: RSVP have joined forces with the mayor of Bristol in his initiative to enhance the reading skills of children in the area.
- 30: 1st February is World Read Aloud Day
- 28: Volunteers Week 1st- 7th June
- 04: Our recent RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Programme) conference in Salisbury
- 27: Bristol and North Somerset School Reading Volunteers at a recent training session
- 21: Volunteers with the BANES and South Glos schools
- 21: Sharing experiences with Reading Volunteers
- 31: National Story Telling Was The Week of 28th January to 4th February
- 26: News about Home Care Lay Assessors
- 26: It’s April – so another selection of poems from the ABLAZE initiative
- 23: RSVP Recognises the efforts of both Schools and volunteers
- 22: A Celebration of Reading in Bristol’s Primary Schools, Intellect (2016)
- 12: June publications of children’s imaginative poetry
- 08: BANES & South Glos. RSVP School Volunteers Enjoying a Get Together
- 05: Tackling Fuel Poverty
- 02: Bristol School Volunteers Get Together Over Cake and Coffee!
- 26: Home Care Lay Assessors – Following a successful pilot exercise, a small group of lay assessors have been visiting people receiving care in their own home delivered by one of the home care agencies commissioned by Bristol City Counci
- 17: Keeping children safe in education and using the phonic alphabet
- 03: Thursday March 3rd, was World Book Day and was celebrated in over 100 countries – this has been designated by UNESCO as a celebration of reading, authors and illustrators. Find out more at www.worldbookday.com
- 22: Volunteering in Bristol Schools – it is ‘All Change and All Systems Go” in the Bristol schools team in RSVP
- 22: Membership of social groups, such as book clubs or church groups, after retirement is linked to a longer life, with the impact on health and wellbeing similar to that of regular exercise
- 29: RSVP working with BAB & Alive are looking for volunteers who enjoy singing – please follow this link
- 27: February 24th World Read Aloud Day
- 22: RSVP require more help at Nailsea
- 21: Read the recent article as published in the Women’s Own Magazine
- 17: Learn strategies and tips for healthy, active ageing
1st – 29th February – is “Read Aloud Month”, why not check this out here
April 2nd – will be the date of Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday, the author of many children’s stories like
Have a read by clicking on the links above
Why read? -The Save the Children Fund has published ‘The Power of Reading‘ by K. Lawton and H. Warren with key recommendations for the next government on how to unlock every child’s potential by helping them learn to read and enjoy reading. There is a major focus on the early years, nurseries and primary schools. For more information please follow this link.